Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pete's Diaries....sparked memories....

....of when back in or around 1989 the Who went out and did the 25th "Kids Are Alright " tour. I was so excited to finally work the merch for the in the US. I remember wlking back where the food and beverage was and seen the boys drinking tea and eating crumpits ( I think crumpits). I remember saying what the fuck is this, but only for a second. Then I said "Ok they are a bit too old for that bullshit (drinking and drugging), but tea and crumpits? It really didnt matter, I still think it was the best tour I did.....very professional. I did work the Tommy/Quadrophenia tour with Billy Idol. Unfortunately I was doing too much drugs at the time to remember much of it. I do remember Pete playing 2 feet away from me. I think he spit down and it hit me...or was it my own druel (from nodding off) As Pete says he travels what makes him feel at home in a way. Tea and crumpits. The tea and crumpits to me now doesnt represent the replacement off the drinking and drugs, it represents the thing that makes you feel like home. Being on the road is fucking boring, believe me. The food, the hotels and the hours.
I always feel bad for the bands in a way. I would look in their eyes and see a kind of emptiness. I remember being in the elevator at the Worcester Centrum in Massachusetts with the Drummer From Metalica (before he got cocky). He looked like a nice lad in a faraway town, tired and even with his arm wrapped around his girlfreind, holding her like he was thanking God to have her near. He had a blank look to him, a lonely look or even a shy look off stage. I just said HI, great show. I wouldn't bother him for an autograuph. I wanted him to enjoy his peace with his companion. I let them out and told him to have a nice evening. He looked at me and I could tell he was greatful and he said thank you, you too. They went on their quiet way.
I think these people that perform their hearts out for us deserve that. They need the space. Believe it or not, they are human. So, no more Beatlemania, no more smash your guitar Pete smash your guitar. Enjoy your tea and crumpits enjoy your companion, enjoy your peace.........michael

3 Comments:

Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Michael,
I almost forget how much hard work it is for these bands to be on tour.
That was cool of you to talk to Lars Ulrich of Metallica, but I don't think he's cocky.
Most of my favorite bands are the ones who take time out to talk to their fans. I may not have seen The Who yet, but from what I read in Pete's diary page, he takes time to sign hundreds of old vinyl albums for fans.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Space Cowboy said...

Hi there Michael - thanks for stopping by! Yes, I was tempted to "sing my visions to the sky high mountains" but I thought it better to be a surprise for people and then just revel in it. Kind of a hybrid between excited and humble. :)

BTW, I think there's something up with your blog template because every time I visit, the main content's background doesn't fill in and makes for difficult reading. Maybe it's a Firefox issue, so I'll try with IE.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hi Michael, the new Who album is excellent, I love listening to the words, so cool that I'll get to see them one last time 11/4 at the bowl.

Hope you are well.

I've been working in an office with no AC for three weeks...

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home