Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Friday, September 30, 2005

Music Defined....?


After doing absolutly nothing and feeling down for the last few days. I decided to pop on Rene's Blog site mikeysrene.blogspot.com She seems to be a very happy person. Mikey should be happy to have her in his life. The same with Pete having Rachel. And yes me having Sherry.
I'm trying to find out what is the definition of music. Not from the books but from people. What do they think. I believe like some scholars, that there is no such thing as noise. There are only sounds. And music is taking these sounds and putting them in some type of organized manner. Maybe not even organized. Just putting them together
I love all music, it's just the words I may not like or agree with. Music takes me to places I would rather be than where I am at. Music means different thing to different people, but this is the one thing (music) that connects everybody. Could there be a song someday or music someday that everybody in the world will love and be connected to? This would be the one thing that brings the world together..

8 Comments:

Blogger Model citizen said...

The definition of music, in my humble opinion, is memory lane. When I hear certain songs I can recall the period of time when that song was hot...exactly what the weather was like, how I felt emotionally, EVERYTHING. I can even remember sentences that were spoken while the song was on the radio.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

THanks

3:33 PM  
Blogger musicmikey said...

I think it's the music that ties us altogether already, a true international language. The songs are just stories, and stories can have many purposes. Good luck.
mikey

9:40 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company
(that's the song i hear)
I'd like to see the world for once
(let the world sing today)
All standing hand in hand

I have to agree with you Michael. I must say, I really like your blog, specially the one titled "Sunday" - hillarious. You should include the link in the page style so people can link directly to each post, you're very good. We have quite a bit in common, both about the same age, both really like Pete and The Who, both play and record. How small the world is, and I was brought to your blog by Rene's blog, I was brought to hers by Mikey by way of Rachel, by way of Pete.

Excellent.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

gary I just tried what you said I hope I did it right????

11:03 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hi Michel,I went into Blogger's Basic tab in Settings, it is labeled Show Email Post links?
This will put a little icon of an envelope next to each post, when you click on it, it will pull up an email box, or, right-click on the icon and Copy Shortcut and paste this into an email to send off. When the person clicks it, they will go directly to your post.

Hey, would like to hear your cut of Drowned, but the link expired. Do you have a web site?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

IS THIS RIGHT? God Im still learing at 40. My 6 yr old showed me.(kiddin)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Delmar said...

I think music is something that has the ability to touch a person. To move them. To make them want to make a change. To make them laugh. To make them cry. Music is, in my opinion, the art-form that is nearest to being human. (i hope that made sense lol)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home