Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Friday, December 09, 2005

Feeling like Im losing touch?



For the first time ever I feel like I'm losing touch with the boys. There have been a lot of changes at work (for the better, I hope), and I have been wrapped up in it. It has been consuming my head and I feel I need to get out of my head lately. Not by using drugs but just closing myself up and not talking or getting involved with anybody close to me. I get that way sometimes, just shutting everything out. Its not fair to them because they don't understand just like I didn't when I was young. So, today I wil stop thinking and worrying. Just have fun and make their childhood memories pleasant as possible. I will start getting them involved in my recording instaed of shutting the door and yelling if they run in. At least when we listen to the songs they can hear themselves and that will make for good memories, for all of us. I am not going to be like my biological dad. Again, I am not going to be like my biological dad.
So, next post will be my recording of "Greyhound Girl", which I use my new GRETCH, and if you hear the kids running around, oh well........

6 Comments:

Blogger Delbut said...

thanks for stopping by my my blog. Comment is appreciated.

I just read your blog and i like the sentiment about not shutting the kids out. mine are pretty much grown up now and i do regret not involving them more in some things i did. cherish the moments my friend.

I would very much like to hear Grehound Girl. That is one of my fav Pete songs. I too have a recording set up and it's good fun. I tried my own version of I'm one. Not bad but my vocals are crap. Ah well, dream on ay?

Take care

1:40 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Hey Michael,

Thanks for visiting my humble blog! Sunday was a great day for me. Unbelieveable, still hasn't sunk in.

I have no kids so I can't relate to what you're going through, although I can relate with the line "I won't be the same as my biological father"
We all dread not to make the same mistakes as our parents. My mother used to say the same about her mother, but now I see she's exactly the same! I'm going there too kids or no kids...

There will be a chat tonight at BallerinaGurl's chatroom, during the 17.30 loop (eastern time). Details and links on KidRic's and my blog.

Join together with the gang!

Can't wait to hear Greyhound Girl from you!

:o)
xxM

5:38 AM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Ooh, sh.... Michael,

The chat was Sunday...Did you go today? (Monday) Oh, this is confusing!

Anyway, probably there's going to be a chat during the Xmas special.
Have you got your ticket?

;o)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Three in a row...

Just got your msg over on mine.
You get a confirmation email that your payment has been accepted.
After one or two days you get another one that basically says that your username is your transaction number and your password your zip/post code.
The URL will be given by Rachel or eelpie I suppose.

Thanks for the sweet words. I am surprised how I found things to say in front of the camera, and after meeting THE MAN! I guess Rachel is so cool and friendly, she put me at ease...

Take care
xxM

11:50 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Those are pretty cool cartoons of Towser. I'd love to hear Greyhound Girl when you have it recorded. That's rapidly becoming a favorite of mine.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

I completly understand where you a coming from with this post. I struggled for years not to be like my Dad. Takes a heap of trying and a lot of self control. My 16 year old boy bebifits from it. So. that really made it worth all the effort.

Peace, love and light.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home