Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Imagine fear of music???


Imagine living in a country where you have to listen to what little music you can get your hands on with headphones or from underneath a blanket in the dark. With fear of getting caught and sent to a jail or worse. I know some can’t imagine that, like my kids for instance. I still can’t imagine we do live in a world where it happens. Banned from listening to Bach, Mozart, Strauss, The WHO, Neil Young or Bob Dylan???
We do though. What kind of childhood did these dictators have? Were they too neglected of music and punished for listening to it. I always wondered what these tyrant’s childhoods were like. Were they as nice and fragile as my boys? What were they like at 3 years old? We probably couldn’t imagine them being dictators and murderers, could we?
As I give my 534 album collection to my son, I wonder if he will cherish every note and verse as I did? I will sit with him on a long Sunday and go thru them and elaborate why at 6 years old I fell in love with Tina Turner on “TOMMY”. Or how I listened to “YESSONGS” for one month straight, and why “HARVEST” is one of my favorites.
I can see it now “Daddy, Paul isn’t dead” or “I want to play sloppy drums like that guy”. I always am grateful to live in a country where I can sit down to listen and teach my children music. It just makes me sad to know that there is a father somewhere else that can’t because of fear of being taken away from his family forever

3 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Michael,

Some good and beautiful thoughts here. Nothing has so much effect as music, and it's one of the best things one could pass on to one's children.

Music represents freedom of thinking so of course it's banned - or has been banned - in many totalitarian countries. Mustn't let people get ideas. Of course, the leaders only ban music from the people. *They* do whatever they like.

2:14 PM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:16 PM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home