Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Monday, December 26, 2005

Recording Problem..and Gibson J185 problem


Ok, I know Im no engineer, but I have my Lexicon compressor/effects unit and I can't figure a way to go from my mic to it. It doesn't have the same input that I need. Do I go from recorder to compressor to recorder and use the recorder as a pre-amp?
I know what you will say "Get the Ableton and you wont have these problems". I think I will go to the music store and get something but what I will get I don't know.
2nd, When I play my Gibson J185 I can't hear the high notes when I play it. Not only while I play but when I record you can't hear it. I use the compressor/equalizer that's built in to the Boss1600 but I don't think I should need to. Is there an adjustment to it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

Thanks for the support Michael...I'm on my way..day 1 of 30....yeah

3:09 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Michael,
I just ordered one of those Lexicon MX200 thingy's, hope it works for me.

I found getting a good condensor mic was the thing. It really picks up the highs. I also run a line from the guitar direct to the board since I have a pickup, and this 2nd track I can mix with a little more top-end, keeping the mic'd guitar for deep end. Accoustics are very difficult to record, there is lots of natural mid-range. I usually take a lot of Mid range out right off the bat.

No worries on White City mate. I have that one. Take care of yourself.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Hey Michael,

Hope you had a great Christmas and waiting for those kids' photos!

I'm watching Pete's Lifehouse right now, it's such a cure for...anything really!

Take care,
xoxoxo
M

5:56 PM  
Blogger Delbut said...

Hi Mike. I'm no expert either but you could use the mixer as a drive or get a signal box (not sure of the technical term) which will take the mic and then have a jack out direct to the effects unit. I have an AudioBuddy that will do this but i have no power pack for it. must buy one.

As for the accoustic -like gary said, a good condensing mic will work. If you look on my blog and view the my Studio entry, the name of the mic i bought quite cheaply is there.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home