Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Monday, January 02, 2006

Jody Linscott- Percussion


I don't know if you ever noticed the people behind the performers, but for me seeing Jody play is phenominal. She has been in mostley all if not all of Pete Townshends solo debuts also with plenty of other artists like Tom Jones, S.O.S, David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Elton John, Dido, Dan Fogleberg, John Mayall and the great 70's band KOKOMO where she was working as a waitress and heard a sound check from the band and then was drafted to play congas.
Watching her work really makes an evening shine. She just does'nt play she feels and just watching her will make you get into the experience. The one time I remember really mezmorized was at Harbour lights operated by Don Law/Ticketmaster where she played with Pete. I remember standing there with my mouth opened. Now that has never happened to me since I saw TOMMY at like 6 yrs old with Tina Turner. Im pretty sure it was Harbourlights....... all I remember is the performance. If you ever get a chance to watch any of Petes shows on DVD just spend your time watching Jody. You may wab=nt to get your daughters into percussion....

7 Comments:

Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Hi Michael,

Yes, Jody is very good, I've seen her on the Lifehouse DVD she seems to enjoy herself, lucky lady!

Sorry, but the only address of Rachel's I've got is the one where I sent the SAE's for the Basement Jam:

4 Friars Lane
Richmond
Surrey
TW91NL
U.K.

Just send her a comment asking her, if you haven't done already.
I don't even know her email...sorry!

Good luck,
xxM

6:23 PM  
Blogger Delbut said...

Jody kicks ass. I saw her many times on the QuAD and tommy tours. Also saw her when the Who minus Pete played at the Who convention in '90 at Shepperd's bush. Was lucky enough to talk to her. She is very sweet. Do you know if she has a website?

As for your earlier post, the Quad/Tommy dvd is very good value for money. Enjoyed it.

If you are trying to contact Rachel try rachelfuller@eelpie.com,
that's her address at eelpie.

Cheers

6:38 AM  
Blogger Debby said...

Hi Michael - I remember seeing her along time ago in Pete's videos...especially "Slit Skirts". By the way, I am on "Day 8" and not cheating on my diet...I have my jeans on that were a little tight before...and fitting good now...I am sticking to this...

9:28 AM  
Blogger PTfan said...

You are so right. I have found myself just watching her just BE with the music. She is facinating!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Yes, I saw her playing with Dido once and remembered her from the Slit Skirts video. I agree, percussion is dead tricky... You should see me trying to get a tamborine to flap at perfect time.. not easy.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shes on lots of websites if you just type her name into google or something..she also is on facebook, so you can look her up on that.

9:37 AM  
Blogger skangy said...

talented and beautiful as she is ,she can't make a good cup of tea

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home