Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The WHO TOMMY/QUADROPHENIA DVD



All I can say is that it's spectacular!! The commentaries are great. Footage is great. Music is great. The special guest performances are great. Especially Phil Collins. Great job Pete and Roger...The commentaries really get into the heart of the DVD.
The TOMMY tour kicked of naturally because of money. T shirts (my favorite) merchandising. In the mid to late 80's a lot of bands just went on tour just because of that. Making miney off merchandising.
It started with Frankie goes to hollywood they were doing small venues and doing 15 dollars per head. Thats when T shirts were 15 dollars. Then Bon Jovi went out. I remember we did a tour record of 16.88 per head. Which means every body in the facility spent an average of 16.88 dollars. Which is over 1 T shirt. Those were busy years and very profitable for everybody. Unfortunately we lost the real focus....music.
But I did get a chance to see evry band under the sun. The WHO was definately the best. Being a big fan of music and the WHO. Being able to work for them and see them performing 10 feet away from you is a great feeling. There are things I wish I did but was to shy to do.
Tje DVD package consists of 3 DVDs TOMMY, QUADROPHENIA and Extr songs from the shows. It is packaged very well and the story line is perfect. Please dig in your pockets and get it now.......you will never regret it. I told Sherry that this was the best gift I ever got..

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa & Gary said...

Yes, all go out and buy this 3 dvd set now!
M+G

4:01 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

I've got it when it went out in November, first day, couldn't wait!
It's fabulous!

I wish I had a detached house to blast the stereo and listen to it as it should be listened. My downstairs neighbour is not a Who fan :-(

Have a lovely New Year Michael, all the best for you and your family!!!

xoxoxo
M

7:06 PM  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful package!!!
Happy New Year Michael!
- claire -

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home