Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Friday, January 06, 2006

Picking out a new guitar...not that easy

Well Sherry said I could get another guitar, as long as I sell some of my older ones. I have some nice Kents, Kays, Harmony's a Silvertone a hand made one that there is only 3 made (one of which Eric Clapton has), and a Continental form the sixties. I don't think I'll sell the Continental. It's a really nice one with charactor. I am having a hard time picking out a new one though. I want to stay away from hollow bodies and I thought I wouldnt need another acoustic, but I did play a nice Martin 2 days ago and it felt nice and sounded great. Im thinking on Fender Stratocaster (U.S.A made) or maybe and old Charvel? Burns make a nice looking guitar I don't know how it plays though. I am even thinking on building my own. I don't know.... I guess Im posting this for some help, anybody???? Any input would be great, so I can check them out or if your selling???? I'll be reading the comments and it will be appreciated....

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

oh, hands down it would be a nice sounding strat my man. You have that lovely J185, who needs a Martin when you have one of those. I have a strat, but it is a el-cheapo that needs the frets done.. I hear these lovely ones down at guitar center that have character and start salivating.. then waddle over to pick out a set of strings.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Good luck with your guitar search
Michael.I have a quick Gibson
Les Paul story.Back in 1993 my
ex's niece lended me her guitar.
Her father bought it for her for
her 16th birthday back in 1983,
it's a beautiful sunburst original.
I don't know the details of the
guitar but I know that her dad
paid about $1,200.00 for it at
the time.

I thought it was crazy that she
lended that baby out,but it was
the best 12 months worth of guitar
playing I ever had.I was being
mischievous by not returning it
to her voluntarily and I would be
lying if I don't say that I was
hoping that she would forget about
it..hahaha!!!Let us know what you
get this time :)

5:50 PM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Contact Chris at
www.monstertoneguitars.com
He builds some fantastic stuff. He has built 3 Strat loaded pickgurds for me. one is loaded with 3 Kent Armstrong lipstick pickups, one has 2 Kent Armstrong P90s, and one has 2 Kent Armstrong high gain Humbuckers. He can either build you a guitar or sell you all the stuff to make it with. Quality stuff at fantastic prices. I agree with Gary on the Strats. They are my number 1 choice.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home