Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bob Carlos Clarke......Bio and Pictures






I read Pete's Diaries and I thought I would post this for folks to look at and maybe find out what a great photographer he was. He shot very erotic scenes for portrait and commercial use. I researched his work and am facinated and I hope you will be too..... go to http://www.panicpictures.net and you can see more.......thanks Pete


Carlos Clarke has a reputation as being a photographer of striking versatility as well as one of the world's finest photographic printmakers. After moving to England in 1964, he worked in journalism and advertising before electing in 1970 to study design; his interest in photography bloomed during his first year of studies and by 1975 he had completed an MA in photography at the Royal College of Art.
Within a few years Carlos Clarke was established as a first-call fashion, portrait and commercial photographer - he has since done campaigns for Smirnoff and Volkswagen, among numerous others - and as an auteur image-maker with a line in mysterious, imaginative and erotic monochrome photographs.
Carlos Clarke is perhaps most celebrated for the series of books he has produced, the majority of which transport the brilliant technique of his advertising work into a world of voyeurism, drama and sensuality. After making an illustrated version of Anaïs Nin's erotic classic Delta of Venus and the well-received solo book Obsession in the early 80s, Carlos Clarke landed a worldwide hit in 1995 with The Dark Summer, a book whose unconventionally sensual imagery and flawless black and white photography made it a word-of-mouth bestseller.
In 1987, Carlos Clarke shot White Heat in the frenetic kitchens of the then up-and-coming chef Marco Pierre White - capturing, in Carlos Clarke's words, 'the passion and violence that was never seen in the effete world of . jovial cooks'. His most recent book, Insatiable, ventures into Carlos Clarke's personal obsessions and, in drawing together many of the strands of his photographic practice, emerges as a deft and unsettling mixture of female nudes, photojournalism and still-life.
Carlos Clarke's monochrome still-lifes rank as some of his most beautiful and subversive works. While reveling in encrustations of detail, his close-ups of weathered and heavily patinated serving-forks are also strangely fetishistic, particularly when considered in the context of Carlos Clarke's more overtly sexual imagery; their elongated tines come to resemble a woman's long legs. He has described sensual imagery in general as 'a delicate conspiracy between the imagination and the evidence'.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Hi Michael

The spoon & the fork look very sexy.

Did I just say that????

He did amazing photography & I can see a resemblance to the cover of "Empty Glass".

Nice chatting with you today.

I remember commenting on your blog after the hurricane hit Cape Coral.
I hope things have settled now & that your family is okay.

Dale

7:17 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I meant to ask what you do in the Automotive industry.

I have done everything from pumping gas to body work to light mechanics to service manager.
Now I am settled nicely into an administrative position in a dealership.

Dale

7:19 PM  
Blogger ernie said...

hey there!
cool pictures and story, really :) your pic of moon is great:D

grtz Elke!

6:45 AM  
Blogger PTfan said...

Interesting. Thanks for getting all that info and posting it.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home