Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Friday, April 28, 2006

So far So good......For us anyway...


Well if anybody wants to know. I promised myself I would keep posting how Matthew is doing with the health situation. He has had many tests and so far no need for an operation. We need to monitor him daily to see if we notice changes and symptoms, and so far so good.
I do want to share something I experienced in the hospital that's been bothering me since. Across from Matthews room was a little Mexican boy, must have been 3 years old. He was in a private room alone. When I mean alone I mean alone. He had no family there. No Parents, relatives, nobody. He would just sit in the bed with his tray of food in front of him, feeding himself, watching television or coloring. He was always smiling. I will never forget his smile. I will also never forget his cries.
We were there for 8-9 days. So he must have been there longer. Sometimes nurses male/female would go in and sit with him to play or help him eat or dress. But is that enough? I don't know why he was there.
The point is the little boy was always smiling. Always happy and would wave to me/us when I/we would walk by. I told Sherry I want to call the hospital and see if he is still there and visit him. Maybe bring him more toys. I got him an Easter basket for Easter. He was so happy. I bought tears to my eyes when I walked out the door. No child should be alone like that. They need Parents/Grown-ups, especially when they need us. I feel like I should have done more. I will never, ever forget that boy.
Now I huge my boys longer, kiss them more often, ask if they are ok more, and tell them how much I love them and I will always be there for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger PTfan said...

I so thrilled that Matthew doesn't need an operation! Thank God! Thanks so much for updating us. Are you and Sherry doing alright? Times like this are very taxing for you guys, I know. I also know about little children like the one across the hall from Matthew. My daughter was in the hospital several times in her small childhood. Every time we had to go, there were children alone just like you witnessed. It is heartbreaking indeed. My (then) husband and I always made sure that at least one of us were in the hospital room with our daughter at all times. I sometimes we) slept there every night, without a bed, but who cares. We are there for our little one who needs us! I try not to judge because maybe there are really good reasons why the parents are not there but it sure is hard to think of any good reasons. Very sad.

Very kind of you to reach out to that little boy. God bless you and your family Michael.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home