Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Monday, April 24, 2006

When your children need you....


When your children need you, you have to be there. Matthew, my 7 year old boy had stomach problems we thought were gas. We rushed him to the hospital where we waited 2 hrs before they even got him in a room. They thought he had a virus because nothing showed up in the x-rays or cat scans. On Friday the 14th they decided to remove his appendix just because the signs were there anyway. On the operating table the appendix burst.
They moved him to transition where a obnoxious nurse made him eat a cheeseburger and fries. We thought this was strange and she said it was no problem. On monday or tuesday at 2am he vomited and I noticed his stomach was huge and hard, the nurse agreed this wasn't right so he called the surgeon. We then had to shove a tube thru his nose, down his throat and into his stomach to pump it out because they thought it was blockage. Come to find out his digestive track shut down. Poor Matthew didn't eat for 4 days. He weighed 48 lbs going in and at this point he only weighed 41 lbs.
Then to make matters worse they found he has Tricuspid Regurgitation in the heart which is:

Tricuspid regurgitation is a disorder involving backward flow of blood across the tricuspid valve which separates the right ventricle (lower heart chamber) from the right atrium (upper heart chamber).
The tricuspid valve is on the right side of the heart, between the right atrium and the right ventricle. The normal tricuspid valve usually has 3 leaflets and 3 papillary muscles. 2 or 4 leaflets are normal variants, the number may change during life.
Sure our vacation was a bust and we lost a lot of money with the house rental, but who cares......
I learned the song "King Rabitt" a song Pete sang for a childrens story. Matthew said that is now his favorite song because it made him happy at the hospital.
So now we are waiting for the cardiologist to tell us what to do.... If there are any medical folks out there I would appreciate your help...

4 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Michael, I can only imagine what your hearts are going through now.
I'm sending positive thoughts for you and your boy, out to the universe.


Suexx

2:22 PM  
Blogger PTfan said...

Whoa! I'm not a medical folk but I'm a praying folk. Being a mom I totally understand! I'll be praying to God for you and we'll see what He does.
Love, blessings and prayers your way.

9:05 AM  
Blogger PTfan said...

Hey, if you wouldn't mind keeping us all up to date on what's going on either via blog or e-mail, I've let some of my frineds know about your situation and they are all praying. They are concerned and want to be kept up to date as well. Thanks for sharing this with us.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

You are in my thoughts mate. Hope your child does ok.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home