Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Re-Rerecording...and.... Rererecording


Frustration builds as I still am toiling with the Boss1600. I went to Music Mikeys Blog site where he gave me a couple of pointers, thanks Mikey. But it really doesnt matter how much you know about recording. You have to be in the "ether" . I know nothing about piano, but I figured out the begining of "Gettin in Tune" which goes thru the whole song basically. I tried -cut, tried-cut, tried-cut. I couldn't get it perfect. Then it hit me "I was trying".
So, I hit record, took a deep breath, and played....just played. With the words in my head I felt my fingers not hit but caress the keys in a melodic way. It flowed. Please sit back a imagine it. Bling ding, bling ding, bling ding, bling ding. bling dang bling dang bling dang bling ding dang...etc.
I looked down and I was done...My hands weren't stiff. I was so relaxed and it was done. I played it back, again, again...how nice it felt. I talk about music all the time, since I was 8 yrs old my friends and family had commented on my views. I remember telling my mother that there was no such thing as noise and I would bet her I would figure out the notes the sounds would make by humming and could humm a song out. She said I was making her scared. So I hummed in my head.
Ok that part was done, now how the fuck do I add the drums this far in....Back to the drawing board. I'm going to do these with out drums. Recording is fun when you don't have to work. Just get in the "ether". I see why Pete was so frustrated on Who's next. This shit you have to do isnt fun. The non creative part. I know its being creative in a way but...I dont know. I think I will have someone come out and set it all up for me. Mikey is the most luckiest guy in the world. Pete, the great freind he is, went over and spent a week setting his up. I knew I liked Pete for a reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Hi there Michael,
I can definely relate to you on this score. My Pro Tools setup is PC based recording and you know the thing I think of when I'm messing around?? disc space of all things. I don't want bunch of takes hogging up space on my drive so I tense up when it comes time to arm the track and record.. and end up making mistakes. I think that's the great thing about tape, just back it up and go again. So, lately, I've been running what I have through the monitors and playing what I will lay down a couple of times. As you say, relax.

Until recently, I was playing an Ovation guitar until my brother gave me one of his 4 George Lowden accoustics. He gave this special guitar to me on my 40th birthday and I was so surprized I cried because lately, we have not had much in common. Anyhow, the Lowden is hand made in Belfast, has a very bright spruce top, it is definitely for finger picking and it just sounds gorgious. I can say it has made me a better player. I picked up a decent Martin accoustic at guitar center a while back and it is an excellent strumming guitar, and for finger picking too. Picking an accoustic guitar isn't easy, the Martin had to be adjusted, and now it plays great. It's sort of like meeting women, you'll know what you like when you hear it.

5:31 PM  
Blogger musicmikey said...

I must have missed this blog, but its great, youv'e hit the nail right on the head, good blogging Michael. My demo's are never that precious, otherwise they would never be put down, I save the perfection for the studio, although I get a confidence and freedom in my demo's at home that I don't get in the studio with a producer. You take the rough with the smooth I suppose. Thanks Michael.
mikey

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home