Fret-Stressing

This is me. This is about my life and a way for me to keep my Sanity. Long Live Rock.....

Name:
Location: cape coral, florida, United States

I'm 40 yrs old going on 25ish. I love to sit in front of my 16 track digital recorder and lay some tracks down...I love being with my children

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I love Science and Space....



This is my favorite subject.Something I can talk about other than Music for hours. There is so much to learn and discover in the vastnes of space. The 1st picture above is resembling the fury of a raging sea, this image actually shows a bubbly ocean of glowing hydrogen gas and small amounts of other elements such as oxygen and sulfur.
Imagine the size of this? You are talking light years in size....
The 2nd Image is a detailed view of the Whirlpool galaxy's spiral arms and dust clouds, which are the birth sites of massive and luminous stars. This galaxy, also called M51 or NGC 5194, is having a close encounter with a nearby companion galaxy, NGC 5195, just off the upper edge of this image. The companion's gravitational influence is triggering star formation in the Whirlpool, as seen by the numerous clusters of bright, young stars [highlighted in red].
The 3rd Image is a menagerie of galaxies. Located within the same tiny region of space, these numerous galaxies display an assortment of unique characteristics. Some are big; some are small. A few are relatively nearby, but most are far away. Hundreds of these faint galaxies have never been seen before.
I wonder what type of music they listen to????

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Hi Michael,
I posted a new tune to my Power Chords blog. A little lullaby for my nieces and nephews. Let me know what you think. I can hear quiet horns (sax, trumpet, tombone) in some parts, although, I'm clueless how I would add that.. Hope you are doing well. I'm nursing a strained back.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

This is way better interface to go with. Much Much more readable.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Thanks for listening to my little song. Hows things going using your mBox? I got some loop cd's that I can burn for you and get in the mail. Real useful to have decent library of these in Ableton Live.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home